I have a crack on my Samsung Galaxy J3 that didn't happen as a result of a fall, is that possible?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I had my phone for about a year now, and it always worked perfectly well. About a couple of weeks ago, my little cousin took it to play games and dropped it on the ground very hard. As a result my screen cracked and I had it replaced, which cost me 80€.
After a week, I started flipping the phone in my hands, and suddenly the screen cracked again. I did apply some pressure on it, but not unlike anything I haven't done in the past year, since I do try to take care of my phone well. I do not have another 80 euros to spend, but I am pretty sure that the crack isn't my fault. Is it possible that they have somehow badly replaced the screen or made some error in setting it up?

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
It is but proving it would be difficult...
Sadly you may be out of pocket for another 80 euros unless they give some guarantee.. You should take it back and ask in any case.. You never know your luck

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
"Flipping the phone in" your hands puts enough stress on the screen that it may very well have caused it to crack. It's a phone, not a ball. That's the opposite of "taking care of my phone well", that's being reckless with your phone. As Tim said, it's probably going to cost you another 80€. (The J3 screen isn't known to crack due to annealing stresses [because it doesn't get annealed], which would be about the only condition under which almost any shop would give you a free second repair.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463