Hello, I hope you can all bare with me...I am not a smart man. I apparently have two Google accounts on my phone. Historically, I've always had trouble with backing up and restoring my phone.

My phone is exactly how I want it. The contacts, gallery, etc, is all perfect. However, anytime I attempt to back-up my phone, I do not know what account to select. More troubling, is anytime I've tried to restore my phone, it often restores it to a version that erases all the changes I've made in the past couple of months.

Can anyone tell me how to select the proper Google account and how to back-up my phone correctly? Thank you.

P.S.I thought pack-ups were automatic.
    01-14-2018 10:46 PM
    Choose 1 account and delete the other one. The Google account is for backing up and installing apps from the Play store. You don't need 2. You might need 2 email accounts. They go into Accounts/email or Accounts/GMail, depending on which email app you use.

Backups are automatic - but you should have only one Google account. (And make sure that all your contacts have been entered as Google contacts. Those entered as Device, Phone or SIM contacts do not get backed up to Google.)
    01-15-2018 10:45 AM