When tethering on SIM1, the tethered laptop has full internet access without issue from the handset, but the handset itself drops data. This means I can browse web pages on my tethered laptop, but Whatsapp and music streaming on my phone immediately stops working. If I put the SIM into the SIM2 slot, everything works perfectly. My carrier is Three and my plan does allow tethering.
    Huawei Support state this is not intended functionality for SIM1 slot, and to return the phone, but I have found many posts of this issue with Huawei phones. It's also a little hard to return this as it's a grey import in the UK.
    I got the dual SIM version to use the Micro SD card; this only fits in SIM2 so if I use SIM2 for the SIM, I can't use a micro SD.
    Ian
    01-15-2018 08:19 AM
    Huawei Support state this is not intended functionality for SIM1 slot, and to return the phone, but I have found many posts of this issue with Huawei phones.
    Since it's a defect in the design of the phone, only Huawei can fix it.

It's also a little hard to return this as it's a grey import in the UK.
    Why? Because you saved money, right? But you got no guarantee. There's a reason buying it with a guarantee costs more.

Now about all you can do is use it the way it is, travel to where it cane from and return it for repair or buy another phone (unless Huawei will repair it under warranty anyway - or you're willing to pay for the repair - that might not actually fix anything).
    01-15-2018 12:53 PM
    Installed new update yesterday and now SIM2 will not tether. Like before no internet connection on phone and any devices attached. Checked with SIM1 slot and same result.

ALP-L29 8.0.0.131(C636)

Let me know if any has any fix to this Mate 10 tether issue.

Thanks.. Irwin
    02-15-2018 02:59 PM