How do I transfer contacts and photos if I can't access the screen?

GeriPhone

Jan 15, 2018
Visit site
I broke the screen on my Samsung S5. How do I transfer contacts and photos if I can't access the screen? The green light in the top left is on but screen is black. I dropped it the other day and it cracked the top left corner.

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
I broke the screen on my Samsung S5. How do I transfer contacts and photos if I can't access the screen? The green light in the top left is on but screen is black. I dropped it the other day and it cracked the top left corner.
Did you store the contacts on your phone or were they synced to your Google account? If theyre synced, you don't have to do anything but sign on to this account on your new phone (or this phone if you get the display repaired).

If not, then you may need to take a trip to your carrier store. They usually have tools to help in situations like these.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
And if the photos synced, go to Google Photos and you'll see them there. When you put the same Google account into your new phone, everything should sync to it.

If you weren't backing things up then, as djrakowski said, your carrier may be able to help. But in the future, back up anything important, not only to Google but to a cloud account and, if you have one, a PC or laptop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz