I'm facing a weird issue with Redmi 4 (MIUI9). I've enabled the MI apps auto update. Few days back, my whatsapp all of a sudden stopped working and gave a error message to "Update to new whatsapp version". But when I'm checking the Playstore, there is no update is available. I've tried few ways to get rid of this and nothing works.
    So I've uninstalled whatsapp and installed again. Now its working fine but MI Apps updater shows, there is a latest version of Whatsapp and constantly showing Update option for Whatsapp. If I'm checking the playstore, there is no latest whatsapp update.
    What exactly MI apps trying to do? Are they trying to install any modified version of Whatsapp?
    01-16-2018 03:13 AM
    Sounds as if there's a version for MI specifically. (Or they're trying to make sure that you can't run WhatsApp on their phones.) You probably won't get a straight answer if you ask them, though. If the version from Play works, I wouldn't worry about some "update".
    01-16-2018 01:11 PM