Hi. I brought my phone (moto z2 play) a few weeks ago and first the battery life was awesome, I could go like the whole day without charging it. But lately I'm feeling like the battery life is way shorter than before, I instaled a few apps tho, but still it's a pretty big change. I unplugged my phone at 7:30 am before work, I left it charging overnight so it was 100% I headed to work, played some spotify and checking social media on the way, played some clash royale during work and now its noon and im 30%.
    Should I check my guarantee or something? Thanks for reading
    PS: I wanted to post a screenshot but I cant share any links :/
    01-16-2018 10:25 AM
    Hi. I brought my phone (moto z2 play) a few weeks ago and first the battery life was awesome, I could go like the whole day without charging it. But lately I'm feeling like the battery life is way shorter than before, I instaled a few apps tho, but still it's a pretty big change. I unplugged my phone at 7:30 am before work, I left it charging overnight so it was 100% I headed to work, played some spotify and checking social media on the way, played some clash royale during work and now its noon and im 30%.
    Should I check my guarantee or something? Thanks for reading
    PS: I wanted to post a screenshot but I cant share any links :/
    Welcome to AndroidCentral 😃 Thanks for the question. No worries about a screenshot, you have explained your problem quite well.

There are a couple things you should do before you think about replacing the device. First, try turning off anything you are not using. Eg, Bluetooth, NFC, location maybe even hotspot (if enabled).

Once that is completed, open your battery settings and look at all the apps that are using power. If you notice that one particular app is using more power than it should (all depending on your usage) then maybe try disabling it. 😃

If your phone is brand new, there shouldn't be battery issues right out the gate. The highest percentage use of an App I have is 6% (just to put things in perspective) my screen uses around 8%.
    01-16-2018 10:55 AM