Bottom line: I wish to set a ringtone for a group of people.
    For Gmail, I am aware of groups that are set up via Labels; this allows you to send bulk e-mails to all the group's members. When it comes to setting a ringtone for a group, neither the Call nor Contacts app have this capability. I can't create a group in the Call app. And in the Contacts app, it always lists all contacts; there is no section in which it shows the Labels that exist in Gmail. Unsure if any prior Android OS had this feature; before my first smartphone--running Android--my Nokia cell phone allowed creating groups in its phonebook AND setting a ringtone to each one. So, it appears that I must rely on a 3rd-party app for this handy feature.
    01-17-2018 10:10 AM
    I want this ability too. I believe I was able to do this with an earlier version, before Groups were replaced with Labels. I don't see a way to do this in Pie.

However, I do see labels in Contacts. They're near the bottom for a given contact, in a section titled "Labels".
    10-24-2018 08:29 PM