Changing back and foreground app volume independently

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Is a third-party app's inability to change background and foreground app volume independently an intrinsic limitation to the android operating system? App Volume Control claims it is in their description.

Would a different approach have the ability?

Just trying to jam out on YouTube Red while playing Pixel Gun 3D and don't want to go on a manhunt for an app equalizer XD

Jethro Gillgren

Apr 8, 2018
Visit site
Depends on what phone you have I guess. Samsung's Sound Assistant can set volume levels on a per app basis. You can just set the volumes on each app before playing.

That only works by changing the global volume depending on what the current foreground app is. You can't change the foreground and background app volumes separately.

I've been looking for a solution but haven't found anything either... ):

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
That only works by changing the global volume depending on what the current foreground app is. You can't change the foreground and background app volumes separately.

I've been looking for a solution but haven't found anything either... ):
Nope. It can. The sound assistant can do the volume levels on a per app basis as a fraction of the global volume. You can set it so that a particular app can only play 50% of global volume, and another at 100% global volume. So if you have 2 apps, if you set it like that, one app will play global volume and the other will play at the fraction of the global volume you set.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance