Hello,
    I am developing an app which can be used for sharing location between 2 or more devices. One can be a publisher and other can be a subscriber. I got the first part done where I have an app which can read current lat-long from the device. Now the second part is to publish it a repository (which is accessible on the internet to other devices also) so that other devices which subscribed to feeds of this device, will get such values and then render location on their devices. i.e. Bus Sending it location and people can subscribe to it to check when it will come near their home so that they leave office to reach bus stop just before 5 mins left for the bus to arrive at their stops.

Now I am looking where can be the best place to put such date where many devices can read and write (kind of online cache) for my application. Kindly suggest.
    01-19-2018 12:21 PM
    A web server, and make the "looking for the data" app like a web browser. It connects to the server with a request (like "number 45 bus eastbound" and its own location and gets the location of that bus. The connection takes less than a second, so a small server could probably handle 100 "almost simultaneous" requests. (The web is a connect-get the data-disconnect" model, the browser doesn't stay connected" to the server for long periods of time.)

Install a web server on your computer (see xampp) and you can work out the web server side locally first, before exposing all your programming errors to the public.
    ManiacJoe likes this.
    01-20-2018 01:06 PM