Iv heard you don't need these apps on android is it true, we don't need ram cleaners or antivirus or battery saver apps??
    01-19-2018 01:45 PM
    I don't run either on my Pixel 2 XL or my Nexus 6p. I haven't run one since maybe my Droid from 2009 (the one with the physical keyboard) or the Thunderbolt I had after that, and that was only Lookout.

Battery apps can actually cause the phone to use MORE power and feel slower. When an app is stopped by a battery app, that will cause the phone to have to go out to storage and re-load what was left in memory (RAM), this actually can use more power and will cause the phone to feel slower (storage is slower than RAM and requires more power to access). While a single app may seem negligible, when you start talking about several apps it can add up fast.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    01-19-2018 02:31 PM
    Accu​Battery actually works (if you're running around Marshmallow or Nougat (I forget which one it was written for). (But it's not one of those "clear apps out if RAM to keep battery usage down" toys, it's a charge/discharge monitor that keeps your battery alive as long as possible.

Antivirus apps? Read https://www.helpnetsecurity.com/2016...t-push-trojan/ There are many Android viruses and other malware and if you download questionable apps or games, or visit questionable sites, it's not whether you'll get one (or more) on your phone, it's when.

RAM-cleaners? No. Android wants as much RAM being used as possible. Originally, I suppose, someone came up with the idea of keeping RAM clean (after all, that's what Windows needs), and everyone jumped on the bandwagon to make their own version and make money. But if you use an app from which you can manually "clear" apps "out of RAM", you'll find that as soon as you start, some of the apps you cleared out start getting loaded back in. Android knows what it's doing as far as memory management.
    01-19-2018 03:43 PM