I've read other posts on how the music playback was skipping, but they didn't seem to have the same problem as my phone. I've had my music pause once or twice every now and then, but it's never been a problem. Today, however, my phone did something I have never seen or heard of a phone do before. My phone started switching between songs and pausing over and over before switching out of the app and into the google app, where it started to move in and out of the mic. My phone moved in and out of silent and changed the volume of my music all on its own. Again, it has never done this before. My phone is a Galaxy S6. I was wondering if this was a huge glitch or if I should get a new phone.
    01-19-2018 04:10 PM
    That is actually a fairly common glitch and most likely due to either a dirty headphone port or, worst case scenario, a faulty one that needs replacement. All the issues you're seeing are because, for some reason, the port is 'sensing' a signal as if it were coming from the headphone control set. Play, Pause, Forwards, etc. and even the Voice assistant are all done with the action button, and you also have issues with audio modes, which can be accessed by pressing the volume buttons.

Try cleaning both ports with compressed air or a soft brush (don't force it in on the headphones one, though!) and see if that helps. If it persists, you might have to take it in for repairs (it might be a loose connector or a short circuit somewhere).
    Tim1954 likes this.
    01-19-2018 04:49 PM