adopted storage and rooted phone

corvairbob

Jan 20, 2018
Visit site
i have a samsung metropcs on5 sm-g550t1 phone. i spent the better part of last week trying to root the thing and finally got rooted. then i went to an app that said it would adopt the sd card into internal storage. it shows what looks like internal storage but i can't install any apps it say memory full. in the settings it say i have 17 gb free out of 32 gb so now i'm wondering if it is adopted or all of this adopting is just bunk and it is not possible to do it.

if it is not possible then can anyone help me get the phone back to out of the box condition. i did a factory reset one time and i did not get rid of the twrp i had to install to do all of this. if the adopted storage will not work i need all this bloatware off the phone so i can at least use what samsung gave me in the beginning. or am i stuck and just suffer and make this a toy phone for the kids? thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. As far as I know, Samsung doesn't use adoptable storage. The SD card is always portable storage.

2. TWRP is installed to the recovery partition, so removing it won't give you any more space on your Android partition. If you reflash the ROM - see [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN) you may get the stock recovery back (you can't just "remove" the recovery - TWRP or stock, you have to install a new one, the way you did with TWRP).

3. Out of the box condition is done by a factory reset (remember to remove your Google account first). but that restores the Android partition to out of the box condition, it doesn't replace what's in the recovery partition.