So I had a Samsung Galaxy S4 that charged perfectly on my chargers and then I dropped it and shattered the screen. I got an old phone from my grandfather, another Samsung Galaxy S4. The phone will occasionally think it's docked when plugged in when it's just plugged into a normal charger or sometimes it'll just think it is when I turn it on. It frequently won't charge when it's on so I have to turn it off and plug it in. Then a gray battery with the charge symbol will continue to come on and off and the phone will have a short vibrate on and off. When it does this in particular, the charge is very slow like it was off for about 2 hours charging and only added 22% when I turned on the phone. Sometimes when I turn it off I can get that annoying POS to go away and the green battery to pop up with the percentage in it and it'll charge faster and I can turn it on without moving the phone and it'll continue charging when on. I know it's not the chargers, I used them all the time on my old phone, I've tested them on my brother's phone and it's fine. I'm becoming increasingly annoyed with the inability to get it to simply charge.
    So what do I do?
    01-21-2018 12:56 PM
    That 'annoying POS' as you put it is fact designed to tell you that something is wrong. Whether you heed it is of course your choice.
    The phone needs repairer attention if it is to work properly.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-21-2018 01:40 PM
    The charging port connection is intermittent. As Belodion said, take it to a repair shop.
    01-21-2018 03:05 PM