My phone randomly rebooted (HTC-10, 7.0). Afterwards, Google Play Store (and some other google services) request I log in with my google account, which I "successfully" do (password, 2FA sms, select @gmail.com account). Then immediately it requests I log in again, and the same happens again.

I have not lost my password, nor have I lost access to my gmail account on other devices, or even within the phone's own browser. The "Google" settings will even give me a one-time password if I were to need it.

I have tried rebooting, clearing the cache of the Play Store, and downgraded it to the factory version, but none of these things has helped. (The google login I guess is from another app or service?) I've tried using Authenticator and sms for 2FA -- both appear to be successful but then I'm instantly logged out again (after selecting my account).

So how can stay logged in?

Sorry if this has been asked a thousand times before, but I am having trouble finding other questions with this same issue.
    pengoat likes this.
    01-21-2018 03:02 PM
    I've also tried clearing the cache of Google Play services, which did not help. I'm still asked to sign in again immediately after signing in.
    01-21-2018 03:17 PM
    I'm having the same issue. Please update with resolution.
    01-22-2018 08:33 AM
    Sorry, still haven't found a fix.

I found another thread (#837067), someone else with the same issue also on HTC-10, but no working solutions there either.
    01-22-2018 07:55 PM
    Solution found

You need to remove your Google account from:

Settings > Accounts & sync

If it doesn't allow you to remove your Google account with the error "This change isn't allowed by your administrator" then you need to switch off your screen lock before removing it.

Once removed, you should be able to add your Google account back and everything should be restored without having to do a factory reset.

I hope this helps!

(via reddit)
    01-25-2018 07:14 AM
    I know this is a bit later than when this issue started back in January 2018, but has anyone actually tried to remove their google account from the "Accounts Synch" and then added it back on successfully?................I did a trial by removing another Google account off but cannot add it back on afterwards cause the signing-in problem won't go away.............Please somebody help.
    05-11-2019 02:38 AM