I have a LG Aristo from metropcs and I have spent 3 weeks searching the internet on how to root this. I dont have a computer and I cant unlock the bootloader to flash any custom recovery or roms, and I just want to root my phone.

(For that matter, I dont know if the bootloader is even locked or not. I cant find a way to check the status of it since I dont have a PC to fastboot this time.)

I heard that rooting is possible without unlocling the bootloader as without rooting you (apparently) cant unlock the bootloader. Yet someone else said you cant root without flashing TwRp which requires unlocking the bootloader, which requires you to be rooted in the first place...
    Like, what??

I've unlocked my phone from metropcs, I enabled OEM unlock in developer options, yet I can not for the life of me find a way to root. Help??

I tried Kingoroot, one click root, all sorts of rooting chinese apps but they always fail. I was sent to this site by several other forum sites all saying this was the best place to get help.
    So some help would be appreciated
    01-22-2018 07:30 AM
    I have a LG Aristo from metropcs and I have spent 3 weeks searching the internet on how to root this. I dont have a computer and I cant unlock the bootloader to flash any custom recovery or roms, and I just want to root my phone.
    Since Kingroot doesn't work for your phone, no.

You can flash TWRP - if you can get use of a laptop or desktop for about half an hour - then use it to install Chainfire's CF Auto Root. (You only need root to install TWRP if you're using TWRP's own installer.)
    01-22-2018 03:58 PM