Looking for new phone recommendations

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My AT&T LG G4 just died. I had the motherboard replaced a few months ago under warranty which worked, but today it turned off by itself and will not turn back on. I will trying my second battery when I get home tonight, but I doubt it will work.

I figure it is time for a new phone, but I have no idea which one. I have done some research and can't decide. I am curious which newer phones people are using what pros and cons they have with their phones.

I was thinking of going with cheaper unlocked phone like Motorola or Asus but don't know much about them.

Thanks for the help.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Best way is to go to a big phone shop and handle the devices. Performance wise they are all pretty good these days, not a real lot separates the flagships from the rank and file...
Having them in your hands will avoid disappointment... ??????

Dano1200r

Nov 26, 2017
Visit site
Sorry to disagree, but a quad core oled phone is very different from a led off brand processor based phone. These are computers that make phone calls and the differences are many.

CBaca86

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I would like to keep max price around $600 or less. I use my phone for calls, texts, emails, streaming music/sirius xm and social media. Play a few games, but nothing intensive. I liked my G4 whiled it worked. I payed for the G4 on the AT&T Next plan.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I too would recommend the V20 or LG G5; since you are coming from an LG phone (and if you enjoy the software). The Motorola Z2 Play is a solid and cheaper option too - battery life is still good from what I've heard; even if the mAh is lower than the original Motorola Z Play.

Dano1200r

Nov 26, 2017
Visit site
You can get a Galaxy S7 for less than your budget. For what you do with your phone, there's not much better, imo. Memory expansion, Display quality, connectability, battery life, The only negative is the speakers aren't as good as the new Pixel. Get the curved Zagg screen protector and your choice of case, cause one drop of these glass phones is all it takes for breakage.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the recommendations. I will check out those phones. I have my old Windows phone to use until I get a new Android. Good thing it takes the same size sim card as the G4.

That's great that you have a phone to use in the meantime! What kind of Windows phone is it? Good luck with your decision, and let us know if you have any further questions! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv