I have a new unlocked Samsung A5 that works perfectly with my Virgin Canada SIM card. I also have an old unlocked iPhone 5C that works perfectly with that card as well as my Telcel (Mexico) SIM card. I my old iPhone is getting a bit flimsy and I want to use my new phone on the Telcel network. But when i insert my Telcel card in my Samsung, i am asked for an unlock code. I tried the normal unlock code and the PUK1 code that come with my SIM card tray to no avail. I cant go any further. Any idea about this problem and solution?
    01-22-2018 04:21 PM
    What kind of unlock code? Could you take a pic?
    01-22-2018 05:36 PM
    I am the OP but was locked out (again) of my androidcentral account. It turns out, after all, that my Samsung A5 was not unlocked despite what the vendor had told me when I bought it a few months ago...i now have the phone unlock code from Virgin but because I had attempted to use my PUK1 code so many time, thinking that was the master code, I now have to "log in to my Google account to reset the password lock pattern".

Would resetting my phone to factory settings, including changing the lock pattern/code, solve the problem?
    02-04-2018 10:37 AM
    So I am answering my own question. Resetting to factory setting will not allow the SIM unlock code to take effect. My carrier is now telling me to do this:

"You can attempt to unlock the device up to 10 times. After 10 failed attempts, you will have to log in to your Google account to reset the password or lock pattern."

How do I do this and from what device, my phone or another device? My phone is factory-reset without a lock pattern. I did reset my Google password from another computer, but I am still not able to unlock the SIM with the unlock code when I try. Thank you for your help.
    02-07-2018 09:19 AM
    Anyone? Anyone?
    02-22-2018 11:04 PM