hi guys,

apologies for the wall that will inevitably follow a complicated question like this one.

i'm playing around with web access control and net security.
    i have 2 devices wileyfox swift 2 and LG K8.

i have set up a squid server with the swift 2 apn changed to be routed through to also act as web access control, this all works marvellously.

however if i tether the LG to swift 2's hotspot the server doesn't log the LG's traffic despite it also should be getting routed to the server via the swift 2's APN.

ideally i want a solution that doesn't involve rooting the swift 2 although it is also not off the table.

and i don't want to set up the LG, i want to be able to monitor the tethered traffic that goes through the swift 2 no matter what device is tethered to it.

Many thanks,

Xaphn
    01-23-2018 09:30 AM
    Most tethering apps won't do that (I wouldn't add it if I were writing one), so you'll have to use a real router instead of a phone with tethering - most routers log if you enable logging, and include the IP address of the connected device (but not the amount of data used, if that's what you're looking for). (If you have to do it through a data connection, there are routers built for that too - just put the wileyfox's SIM card in the router. Although with the wileyfox going to a squid server you probably have the squid server hard-wired to the internet.)
    01-24-2018 05:50 PM