Ok so i just wanted to check and see if there is a new version i can upgrade to but this poped up what do i do? and when i go to Device Status it says Custom... I have a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime
    01-24-2018 02:27 PM
    What popped up? In order to post a screenshot you will need to register as a member (it's free!)

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    Vlad Racovita likes this.
    01-24-2018 04:31 PM
    Ok hi I was the one to ask the question! When i asked the question i forgot to login (silly me)
    01-26-2018 10:25 AM
    This is what poped up... but it seems strange to me bc i dont remember rooting this phone
    Attached Thumbnails Why can't i update my phone?-4283.jpg  
    01-26-2018 10:28 AM
    Those brooms on the status bar - are they for CleanMaster? That's a Samsung device, some are actually coming with components from that app built in, I disabled them on my Samsung tablet.

Do you have a PC that you can install the SmartSwitch app on and try the update as suggested in the dialog?
    01-26-2018 11:05 AM
    Yes the brooms are from CleanMaster and yes i do have a pc. i will try and see if i can update it this way
    01-26-2018 01:00 PM
    Hmm the app says there is no new update. But i saw an option in the app called Emergency Software Recovery. What does that do?
    01-26-2018 01:14 PM
    This is what i was talking about
    Attached Thumbnails Why can't i update my phone?-4287.jpg  
    01-26-2018 01:17 PM
    The only problem with Cleanmaster is that anything Cheetah writes is suspect - they really don't care how Android works, as long as they can sell their in-app purchases. (Cleanmaster actually uses ram, it doesn't free up any [which Android will just fill up anyway - it doesn't work like Windows].)

The reason you can't update your phone is because the update applies to the stock ROM, and you're running a custom ROM, so about the only thing an update would do is brick your phone. Either:

1. Look where you got the custom ROM for an update to it, and install that update, in whatever way the developer says to

or

2. Install the stock ROM and, if it's not the latest version, update it.

(This even applies to sock ROMs that have been rooted - you can't update them.)

Since this is a Samsung, see [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN. Flashing a Samsung ROM is trivial, it's just boring.
    hallux likes this.
    01-26-2018 01:24 PM
    And if i do this does my files like Photos , Games etc. get deleted??
    01-26-2018 01:44 PM
    And if i do this does my files like Photos , Games etc. get deleted??
    When changing the ROM, that is definitely a risk and is most likely to be the case. You will definitely need an off-device backup of anything that is important to you. Heluim is often suggested for backing up and restoring app data.
    01-26-2018 02:33 PM
    Thanks for the support i am now going to follow the steps from the guide ! See you guys on the other side
    01-27-2018 11:32 AM
    Hello i followed the steps from the guide provided and it WORKED!!! thanks guys so much!! and now the device status is now official and i can update my phone! thanks again
    hallux likes this.
    02-03-2018 07:38 AM