I've just been on the phone to Amazon tech support and have discovered that the viewing restrictions that are set under Prime Video Settings page do not work on a Fire HD 8 tablet - I have tested the settings on a Chrome Browser running on my Intel PC and am prompted for a PIN (set under Parental Controls on the same page) when trying to access a restricted TV show - shows with e.g. a U rating play fine.

But when i go to do the same thing on my Fire HD 8 tablet it just says the show is unavailable - no option to play it.

Has anyone else come across this and found a way to work around it without using profiles (which doesn't deliver what I want anyway)

I basically want to be able to let my child have the tablet knowing they can only watch age appropriate amazon prime video streams.

Thanks
    Andy
    01-25-2018 09:03 AM
    Amazon makes a child specific tablet quite cheap and colorful and ready for children. Any other Amazon tablet running Android will be vulnerable for allowing restricted content through, unless you are diligent with a parental application that you can lock out what you want. Good luck!
    01-25-2018 09:18 AM