So I've got a few questions. First being, I feel like I might have seen a spark between my 10ft Anker 56k Ohm resistor cable USB c and my phone. I'm not sure if It was a spark or just the light though, so can any of you guys touch on this? Is it even able to make sparks since I have a clear back what is seeming to be rubber or plastic, and if it did shock it would it do any damage.

And my next question is, is the USB c meant to be sort of wiggly and loose in the port? Meaning when it plugs in you can sort of grab it and move it around a little tiny bit.
    I have anxiety so that's why I'm mainly making this lol.

Thanks
    01-25-2018 09:32 AM
    Welcome to the forums!

I'm honestly unsure about your spark question. Sometimes when I plug in my own phone, I actually see a bit of a spark when my plug goes into the socket. If your phone is not overheating and is not acting differently from before, I would try not to worry about it (easier said than done, I know!). Hopefully someone more well-versed on this matter than I will chime in soon as well!

With regards to the port and cable, if it's a little bit loose, I think that is normal. Sometimes my cable can be wiggled around slightly when I'm charging my phone and moving it around on the table. As long as you're getting a charging connection, I would not be too concerned about it. How long have you had your phone, and what kind of phone is it?
    01-25-2018 10:11 AM
    Hey so this is the same guy that posted but I didn't have an account so I couldn't reply so I had to make one. I have a Note 8, and I've had it for around a month or two. Nothing is acting up I just was asking because it looked as if it sparked probably from static maybe when I plugged it in and then also when ever the USB c is in the port on the phone it's a little loose but not falling out or anything. And this is my first USB C device so I don't know if USB c is supposed to be like that, but it probably is.
    01-25-2018 10:56 AM
    If these sparks are consistant and happen on a regular basis, then it could damage your port. If it happens once in a while then it ok, but i would recommend you try other chargers and test to see if you get the same sparks. A good alternative to this situation is to just use wireless charging
    01-25-2018 11:54 AM
    Ok thanks everyone!
    01-25-2018 04:12 PM