I can't use any of my other android accessories with my pixel phone
    01-25-2018 06:28 PM
    Which types of accessories? With respect to charger and data cables, the Pixel uses USB-C, whereas older phones (and some current phones on the “budget” end of the spectrum) used Micro-USB.
    01-25-2018 06:38 PM
    What accessories? What device did you have before?

Charger - depending on your last device, the Pixel uses a different charge port, USB-C
    Case - every phone needs a different case, this is due to differing physical dimensions, button, port and speaker placement.
    Car mount - this depends on how the device is held in the mount.

Edit - posted the same time as @djrakowski

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    01-25-2018 06:38 PM
    Thanks I had a HTC mini and I thought that all android accessories were the same, which was part of the reason I stuck with android. I haven't tried my phone in my car yet but I suspect I will have to buy a car kit for it too. This is most annoying.
    01-25-2018 06:54 PM
    The accessories I am mainly talking about are the chargers I already have.
    01-25-2018 06:55 PM
    Thanks I had a HTC mini and I thought that all android accessories were the same, which was part of the reason I stuck with android. I haven't tried my phone in my car yet but I suspect I will have to buy a car kit for it too. This is most annoying.
    It is indeed frustrating! I went through the same thing when Apple transitioned from its old 30-pin connector to Lightning, and since we have a lot of Android devices in the house, with Micro USB to USB-C recently.
    01-25-2018 06:56 PM
    The accessories I am mainly talking about are the chargers I already have.
    Consider buying a car charger with USB ports instead of hardwired cables. That way you can change them whenever the standards change again
    01-25-2018 06:58 PM
    Thank you for replying. This is all quite new for me. I don't change phones very often. So I havevto get USB C things do I?
    01-25-2018 07:08 PM
    Thank you for replying. This is all quite new for me. I don't change phones very often. So I havevto get USB C things do I?
    Your phone should’ve come with at least one USB-C charging cable. If not, you’ll need to purchase one. I highly recommend Anker charging cables, and you can find them on Amazon for a range of prices depending on material (braided nylon, plastic, etc.) and length.
    01-25-2018 07:11 PM
    Thanks, I think I have this. When I get in my car today I will find out.
    01-25-2018 07:43 PM