Whay is battery draining on Galaxy S8.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Three family members have s8',s and neither one will last the whole day. They all have different apps. My wife doesn't have many apps at all. I have asked several people and they are having same problem. We all have AT&T it has to an update. My phone actually died today that has never happened since I April 2917. Not sure how to diagnose problem.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Open device maintenance, tap on battery, tap on battery usage... It will all be there.
You can limit battery usage per app by not allowing background processes... Or use the battery saver function...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html
You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.

Dano1200r

Nov 26, 2017
Visit site
Your screen is using the most, so unless you haven't been using the screen, you'll get another 10 hours of screen time approximately . You could turn down the brightness for a gain. 14 hrs of use per your screenshot isn't bad imo.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puiman