Why samsung S6 music mp3s sound muffled compared to when I listen to them on my internet browser?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Basically I stumbled across a song that I have downloaded an mp3 for on youtube on ny internet browser. I was pretty shocked to realize that the surround sound was much better on youtube. My mp3, which literally came from a youtube-to-mp3 converter of the same youtube video, sounds completely muffled when compared. But its not only this. When I compared a song on my soundcloud app to soundcloud opened in browser, there was the same difference. On my soundcloud app, it sounded muffled while the same song on soundcloud opened in a browser was much more surround sounded.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It probably has to do with loss of fidelity due to the conversion, compared with streaming directly from the source. I doubt you're actually opening the locally stored music file from the browser -- it's more likely that the browser is streaming the song from the high quality source in the cloud.

Koxe45

Jan 26, 2018
Visit site
Why does audio in my browser sounds better than any of my downloaded apps?

I use a Samsung Galaxy S6. Playing any music on Youtube opened in my browser has richer surround sound. Compared to this, any of my other apps that can play audio (Music, Google play, the Youtube App, Soundcloud App, Spotify..) they all sound muffled compared to when I play the same songs on Youtube opened in my browser. I should also mention that my music on the Music app are all mp3s, but this doesnt make a difference because this problem is in every app that plays audio except my browser apps. I tested by opening Soundcloud in my browser and listening to a song vs the same song opened in the Soundcloud app. It was the same thing. In the browser, the same song had richer surround sound vs the same song being muffled in Soundcloud app. I decided to do another test myself with Bohemian Rhapsody by playing the song in Spotify vs on Youtube opened in my browser. The "little high..." difference was not there at all on the Spotify app, but the ear transition was there on the browser. Also, keep in mind my Youtube app, and music app have this same muffled problem when compared to Youtube opened in the browser.

Koxe45

Jan 26, 2018
Visit site
Welp, I just checked and believe it or not, it happened in safe mode. I tested youtube, but as soon as I checked youtube in chrome, the sound immediately 'switched' to more surrounding sound. Oh boy, maybe my phone is just messed up.

Koxe45

Jan 26, 2018
Visit site
Sorry, I plan to try the Smart Switch, but on a side note do you think it could have anything to do with this: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5...nd-Effects-quot-no-longer-working/td-p/239837 ?
I never mentioned this before but one of the first things I noticed while trying to solve the problem was trying to get into SoundAlive in the Music app. But, due to this bug from the last update, it wont open. I wonder if maybe I set some setting on SoundAlive a while ago and thats what caused this, I just never noticed until now. And now I cant open it to fix it. Or maybe, this audio mixup is a biproduct of the bug from the last update. What do you think?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc