I have a Samsung Galaxy J5 2017. I am using the built in Email app to read my work emails (a university email account). Whenever I reply to an email, and then check the sent message, 4 attachments have been added to the email, 3 .txt files and 1 .htm file. ATT00001.txt is my reply as an attachment, ATT00002.txt is blank, ATT00003.htm is a web version of my reply, and ATT00004.txt is the original email.

How can I prevent these from being attached to every reply I send?
    01-26-2018 02:09 AM
    They are not so much "attachments" but they are the multiple pieces of your reply.

If you have your message type set to text-only, there should be no "attachments" because your text is naturally handled by the text email system.

If you have your message type set to HTML, your message actually contains a text-only version of your reply as well as the HTML version of your reply, plus whatever the email client does with the original message, which is what your email app is showing you as these multiple attachments.

Most email clients will not show you these separate parts as attachments, but they are contained in the email message the same way real attachments are contained.
    01-26-2018 04:31 AM
    I also want to solve this on my S7. My replies look crazy to any recipients. How can I make my replies look like every message that I author out of Outlook? You know...all the thread messages in a vertical column? No attached files?

Thanks!
    01-29-2019 02:43 PM