Where can i find the Hostname (or device Name) of my Moto G5 (Android 7)? Ich would like to identify my phone in my WLAN.
    01-26-2018 11:15 AM
    Not sure if it applies to the Moto G5 but you should be able to change it either from your BT Settings or from the ABOUT PHONE section in your settings. HOWEVER, this name only applies to Bluetooth and Wi-Fi Direct connections (and media server visibility). It won't work for WiFi identification like on router lists (and it's up to the router if they support pulling name tags or if it only shows MAC and Generic Device ID).
    01-26-2018 12:00 PM
    Install an app like WiFi File Transfer (it's free). That will tell you the phone's internal IP address (the one the router gives it). Identify it by that in your router. Look in wherever the router shows connected devices. (The "hostname" will be the name for that IP address. It may be some name you entered during setup, or it may be some number - the IMEI or ESN number of the phone or some other internal number. [My Note 3s each show a long hex number, and they're each different - but it's not the number that "adb devices" shows.])
    01-26-2018 02:14 PM