Gear s3 frontier verizon. Watch has it's own number, different from my cell. It receives texts, email etc while connected via blutooth but if a text is sent to the watch number it will not receive until the watch goes into standalone. I usually keep it connected to blutooth, every now and then it gets out of range and I get missed call notifications and text on the watch that are not on the phone.

Is there a way to let the watch specific texts through while connected with blutooth?

Thanks!
    01-26-2018 01:04 PM
    Hmmm. Now my S3 is BT only, so I may not fully the Verizon model, but why does anybody have your watch number? They should just be texting your regular phone number. Once your phone looses connection to your watch, the remote connection should kick in and you'd get any texts that come to your phone.
    01-26-2018 02:51 PM
    It will receive texts that go to the phone. Only a select few have the direct watch number for emergencies. Verizon sends notifications through text to the watch number and the only way they show is to disconnect three watch from the phone.
    01-26-2018 03:11 PM
    It will receive texts that go to the phone. Only a select few have the direct watch number for emergencies.
    Again, I'm at a loss as to why anyone needs your watch number. If your watch and phone are not connected, if they text your watch, the texts should roll right on to your watch.

Verizon sends notifications through text to the watch number and the only way they show is to disconnect the watch from the phone.
    That makes sense. You have a connection to the watch. It's waiting for a text through your phone. The watch's remote connection is unavailable, until you break it.

If you're phone and watch are connected to each other, I would assume the theory is nobody is texting your watch number, they're texting your regular phone number. Since they're texting your phone, it's assumed that you have your phone with you and will see the text on your phone.

Again, I don't have a Vzw model, so I may be totally wrong about this connection stuff.
    01-26-2018 03:30 PM
    Yes, if they text my phone, it shows on the phone and the watch. The only reason my watch would be called directly is if there is an emergency and they can't reach me through my normal cell number, the battery is dead or the phone is not with me. I just want the notifications for the watch specific number to come through when connected to the phone.
    01-26-2018 03:55 PM
    Yes, if they text my phone, it shows on the phone and the watch. The only reason my watch would be called directly is if there is an emergency and they can't reach me through my normal cell number, the battery is dead or the phone is not with me.
    Again, no matter the reason, if they text your phone, even if you left it at home or wherever, and you don't have your phone with you, you'll get the text on your watch. That's the whole point of getting a carrier S3. There is no need for your phone. Texts will come to the watch. Your phone can be at home and you can be at the mall across town and if someone texts your phone......the message will show up on your watch.

I just want the notifications for the watch specific number to come through when connected to the phone.
    The way I understand it, it is not going to work. Your watch and phone are locked to the connection to your phone number.
    01-28-2018 04:05 PM
    Open your Gear app, Notifications, you will see the choices available. You can probably do it if you change your remote connection type to data ayk.
    01-28-2018 04:37 PM