Every time I try to open my google assistant settings on my Nexus 6P it opens up a new tab of the google homepage in my browser. I'm trying to get to the google assistant settings and every time it just switches to google chrome, how can I stop it from doing that?
    01-27-2018 11:59 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! How are you trying to get to the settings? Are you opening the Google app, then Menu>Settings, then Settings under the Google Assistant heading?
    01-27-2018 11:48 PM
    Hey Diddy, this is the original poster. It's been doing it in multiple ways. I noticed it first when I would say, "Okay Google, play (enter random artist)." The response I would get would be something like, looks like you don't have a preferred music provider, set that up in the google assistant settings, and it gives me a button to do that. I click on that and a screen pops up with the music apps I have on my phone but immediately switches to chrome and opens a new tab of the google homepage. I then started trying to access settings by holding and swiping up my home button and then tapping on the blue button in the top right. Same thing would happen, the settings would open briefly only to have chrome open up to a new tab of the google homepage. I also just noticed that when I try typing instead of speaking it does the same thing, just switches to a google chrome tab.
    01-28-2018 02:32 PM
    That certainly sounds like glitchy behavior. Try going to Settings>Apps, select the Google app, then Storage, then Clear Cache/Clear Data. Now open the Google app again and see if the problem persists.
    01-29-2018 01:09 AM