I'm on my third s7 edge as the first 1 I dropped (aug-17)! I have insurance with three rescue(UK) and so I managed to claim with a £100 excess fee. They sent me a refurb (good as new) phone which had a problem with the software and so kept restarting and then resent me another refurb phone which now has a problem.

I'm not the clumsy type I don't drop things and I always have a case on my phone. However in this tiny instance the case was upstairs... finally getting to the problem I was using my phone all was good I moved my phone across the sofa so I could sit down and then I hear this weird cracking noise and then I look down and my phone has this spider web effect crack all across the front with it supposedly originating from above the main home button on the front.

I have noticed that the s7 edge does get hot when charging and i had been fast charging it an hour earlier.

I will say again I do NOT remember dropping it or sitting on as I remember moving it and telling my partner not to sit on it so there is no way that no one say on it or dropped it!

I guess what I'm trying to say is, is there any possible way as to why this has happened as under no circumstances do I want to pay £100 excess fee to claim for a new(refurb) phone when it wasn't my fault!!!

Thanks,
    A
    01-27-2018 03:26 PM
    Phone screens do apparently sometimes self-crack but it would take careful inspection by the manufacturer to determine or pass judgement on the cause of the damage.
    01-27-2018 06:12 PM