Thank you for your time. I know this question has been asked before, but I don't know wether or not my circumstances merit something other than "not for noobz."

I have a s7 edge and today 1/28 automatically updated. Now, the homescreen has an immovable clock and weather widget that takes up half the real estate of the homescreen. Furthermore, all icons are bloated up, meaning I have to have more than my sweetspot of three pages to fit the same amount of icons as before. Furthermore, there's no longer the phone/contacts/messages/browser shortcuts on the bottom of the screen. There's no other choice than making icons for them!! This update is garbage, which would have been the case even with just the first thing I mentioned.

Any advice welcome! Be it undoing the update, or just getting rid of that goddam widget (drag and drop in trash can is out)!! Thank you!
    01-28-2018 04:37 AM
    You have a couple options -

Use ODIN to revert to a previous OS release. This is not a risk-free job, you do risk rendering your phone "brain-dead" and you will need to be sure you have all your important info backed up. https://forums.androidcentral.com/am...-new-post.html

Install an alternate launcher (Nova is popular). This is kind of a band-aid but you run VERY little risk of bricking your device or losing data.

See if others with your device have had the same issue and what they did (if anything) to resolve it. We have a forum here dedicated to your device, one of our mods could move the post there. https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...alaxy-s7-edge/

For the record - there is no way to undo an OS update, not even a factory reset. Once the update is done, it's done - the OS partition is permanently written during the update and does not get changed during a factory reset.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    01-28-2018 08:51 AM