Help! I Accidently Clicked on a Malicious link!

CurousPotato

Jan 28, 2018
Visit site
Okay, i was reading comments from an article about "something Spambots and how to prevent it something"

Just scrolling down and reading and scrolling down and reading... Then i saw this weird comment! A spammer must've posted it. '-' He showed a ( malicious & spammy ) link in that comment and the title was weird & disturbing. I got uncomfortable, so i quickly scrolled away and accidently pressed the link when my finger moved across that comment! ( wow, its so hard to explain ) xO but i quickly press Back before its fully loaded!!! (Thanks to my reflexes).

i screenshoted the comment, so i can show that suspicious link. But theres no button to show pics here.

Btw, theres a "wikipedia" in the link title. It was like "wiki_wikipedia_(weird words)"

Question :

Do you think the 'suspicious' site had transfered viruses ( & other bad stuff ) to my phone? I know, It didn't fully loaded. but still... I pressed it!

If it did, HOW CAN I REMOVE THE CREEPY VIRUSES????? I NEED TO GET EM ALL OUT!

What will the virus do to my phone? Ive read some articles on google, they said it can collect your important data from spying on you... Wait! Does that mean the virus is watching me writing this question.... Eek!

I really need to get rid of em fast! :(

Thanks!
!! ×o× im so frustrated!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! I'm so sorry this happened to you! It definitely sounds frustrating!

Have you noticed anything different within your phone - any new apps that weren't there before; any ads; any lagging?

First off, I recommend that you do not panic - there are ways to fix this! Do not worry! Go to the Google Play Store and look up the best antivirus/malware app (look at ratings, number of downloads, user reviews, etc - and look for well-known antivirus companies) and download that and do a diagnostic of your phone.

Other users on the forums here have experienced the same thing - you are not alone! I will send your thread along to other Ambassadors and Moderators who are more well-versed on this topic than I am; so I'm sure you'll get some good responses soon with other steps you can take to make sure your phone is operating efficiently and safely.

Keep us posted!

CurousPotato

Jan 28, 2018
Visit site
Thanks!
Nothing strange yet.
I scanned my phone at Cl**n M*st*r and H* S*c*r*t* ( they have the highest ratings ), non of them had found anything.

Sorry! Im worried that the malware will invade my datas and take over my phone!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks!
Nothing strange yet.
I scanned my phone at Cl**n M*st*r and H* S*c*r*t* ( they have the highest ratings ), non of them had found anything.

Sorry! Im worried that the malware will invade my datas and take over my phone!

No need to apologize! Our phones are special to us - and expensive! - so understandably, we want them to work and to be free of viruses and other malware.

That's great that you didn't find anything or see anything suspicious! No news is good news! It's been a few days since you accidentally clicked the link as well, so try not to worry! Like Golfdriver stated above, a factory reset is a good plan too if you want!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084