I've uploaded several photos to Google photos via my laptop. But then when I try to access them from my Android phone via the Google phtotos app... They do not show. But when I take photos on the phone they always show wherever I access Google photos.
    01-29-2018 10:17 AM
    Restart the phone. (Or run an app like media.Re.Scan. (The phone only "sees" pictures that have been found by Media Scan - so that the entire phone doesn't have to be scanned every time you run a picture app. Uploading a picture to Google Photos doesn't trigger a rescan. [Neither does copying files to your phone.] So you can either restart the phone, triggering a scan, or you can trigger one manually with an app like media.Re.Scan.)

The same holds true for videos, music, any media files. They're all scanned by Media Scan, then it builds a database of all media files on the phone, so any app that uses any media files can just look in there and see what's available. (Phones are really fast enough these days to redo the scan every time you run a media app, but back in the days of Donut and Eclair, that would bring a phone to its knees. And in line with Google's "any app should be up and running as quickly as possible" design philosophy, they haven't changed it.)
    01-29-2018 01:55 PM
    Also, are you only using 1 Google account? Make sure everything is signed into the same one.
    01-29-2018 04:30 PM
    I'm only signed into one account for Google photos. I've tried restarts. I also just tried media.Re.scan still not seeing my photos in the Google photo app on my one plus 5T
    01-29-2018 09:59 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Sorry if these are basic questions, but I just want to make sure we're on the same page:

First, are you certain that you uploaded the photos to Google Photos, and not Google Drive? If you upload photos to Google Drive, they won't show up in Google Photos unless you go into the Google Photos settings and turn on the toggle to "Show Google Drive photos & videos in your Photos."

Second, in the Google Photos app, are you looking at the main Photos page (i.e., the screen that shows up upon opening the app), and not the Device Folders page (accessed in the slide-in menu)?
    01-30-2018 02:20 AM
    Hi.

I had the same issue.
    What happened in my case was that I uploaded photos from a digital camera, one of those in which the dates will reset to years ago when batteries replaced.

Check the dates of the photos you uploaded through your PC. There is a chance that the photos are outdated. You may still find them in old dates in your Google Photos and change their dates (https://productforums.google.com/for...0/2sY4gADqAAAJ)

God bless!
    08-06-2018 09:57 AM