Phone will not charge after SIM card removal

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

The phone is a Motorola G (2nd Generation) CE0168, model XT1064. I have switched to a newer device for actual calls and texts, but was hoping to use this device for internet access only. As soon as the SIM card was removed, it refused to charge! I have tried different cables, computers, and electrical plugs. The phone still has a charge of 14%, but will not charge anymore. When connected to my PC it does not detect a device as connected. It has a Kingston 64gb micro SD XC card (if that information helps).
The phone still works just fine. It connects to the Wi-fi and touch screen controls are unharmed. It is currently running to newest android

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
And if you reinsert the SIM, the charging still doesn't work? If so, then I'd suspect that something internal got damaged in the process of removing the SIM. You'd probably have to bring the phone to a repair shop, but it sounds like it might not be worth the effort.

CaptainWahh

Jan 30, 2018
Visit site
Sadly, I can't check to see if it could charge with a SIM card in it. The new phones SIM card is about half the size of the original. I'm going to ask around and see if anyone has an older SIM card I can test it with, but you are right. If I can't get it running I feel it isn't worth getting repaired. If I can get a SIM card I will update if it charged or not!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze