WileyFox Phones Restart when Sharing Photo From Google Photos

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi,
Both my wife and I have WileyFox phones (Swift 2 X, Swift 2 Plus) running Android 7.1.2 and we are experiencing the same behaviour on both devices.

When I select a Photo in Google Photos, click share and select another Google Photos user, say my wife, the phone restarts immediately. If I select an App to share too, e.g. Whatsapp, it works fine. We've used this feature since always to share photos with each other but in the last few weeks noticed this happening on both phones.

I've tried deleting app data & cache and as it's a system app I could only uninstall updates and install them again. Same thing! The phones crashes and restarts when I try to share to another Google Photos contact.

Any ideas?

Thanks

patcheen

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi B. Diddy,

Thanks for your help.

I just wiped cache partition from recovery mode as you suggested but it didn't fix the issue.
The Phone restarted again as soon as I selected a Google Photos Contract to share a picture to.

Would there be any logs I could access on the phone to show what's going on at time the phone restarts?

Thanks,
Pat

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about any error logs, sorry. Does the problem also occur in Safe Mode? From what I can tell on the Wileyfox Facebook page, to get into Safe Mode, start booting normally, but then press and hold Vol Down as soon as you see the logo. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's probably a firmware issue -- is it completely up to date?

https://www.facebook.com/officialwileyfox/posts/1844545742523409

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's usually the case. It can be tedious, though, because unless you have an idea which app might be the culprit, you'd have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem went away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678