Since I always had issues with my internal storage of my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge being full, I tried the usual steps. Using the built-in device maintenance to clear cache and unused files and apps, downloading cleaning apps, like CCleaner, moving all the VR stuff to SD card, photos and music have always been on the SD card. I tried clearing the cache partition and searching for large folders, but I couldn't find anything, that would explain the 14.34 GB difference between the total amount of used storage and the sum of documents, images, Audio, Videos and Apps (incl. cache).
    So I downloaded "Disk & Storage Analyzer" from PlayStore.
    It showed me, that apps actually take up 19 GB of internal storage, but that Data, Data (external), Cache and Cache (external) only take up half of that, which is about the amount that the system showed me being used by apps. The other (bigger) half of the 19 GB is used by apk files.
    Now I know, some of these apk may be needed for the apps I have installed, but they double the used space. That can't be the intention, right? My phone isn't rooted, so I can't delete anything there. Is there a way to clear some of those apks, that surely aren't all essential?
    01-30-2018 07:58 AM
    I don't follow this VR on the galaxy anymore, but I remember it using many GBs of memory and all the resources. My phone was hot and I don't run it anymore.
    01-30-2018 08:30 AM