Hi,
    I have HTC Desire 820 and it felt down and my screen was broken. After repair in servive they made factory reset and upgrade android to version 6. The problem is that I have SD card with encrypted data (photos mainly) and I want decrypt it but I don't know how .
    I know password which I used before factory reset to decrypt this card.
    How can I decrypt this card??
    01-30-2018 01:24 PM
    Encrypted cards are tied to the hardware that encrypted them, so you'd have to do it from the same phone that encrypted it. Now, since you did a factory reset and upgraded the OS, I'm not sure if you can still decrypt it or not, but I would still try. I don't see why it wouldn't let you as long as it's the same hardware ID.

A little more from the AC blog (it was from the S8, but the same applies to most Android phones).

If your phone dies, all the data on the SD card dies along with it. If something happens to your phone and you can't get it back to a usable state so you can decrypt the card, the data is gone forever. It's really cool that SD card encryption can keep some creep who stole your phone from seeing all your pictures. It's less cool when you break your phone or it has a hardware fault and you can't see all your pictures. Or copy them somewhere.
    https://www.androidcentral.com/shoul...xy-s8s-sd-card
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-30-2018 02:51 PM