My son has a Samsung Luna J3 cellphone from Tracfone. Recently he decided to reboot the phone to the original factory settings, but after doing so he could not recall the password for the Google Account Verification page.

We have since reset his email password. We then learned that we had to wait 24 hours before that password could be used. Alas, we have now waited far longer than 24 hours but we still cannot get into the phone.

I read that the Lollipop operating system had a 72 hour hold after changing a password, but the specs for this phone state that it uses Marshmallow 6.0.

Any suggestions? My son is a typical teenager and is desperate to get his phone back.

THANK YOU!
    01-30-2018 11:45 PM
    My son has a Samsung Luna J3 cellphone from Tracfone. Recently he decided to reboot the phone to the original factory settings, but after doing so he could not recall the password for the Google Account Verification page.

We have since reset his email password. We then learned that we had to wait 24 hours before that password could be used. Alas, we have now waited far longer than 24 hours but we still cannot get into the phone.

I read that the Lollipop operating system had a 72 hour hold after changing a password, but the specs for this phone state that it uses Marshmallow 6.0.

Any suggestions? My son is a typical teenager and is desperate to get his phone back.

THANK YOU!
    I would wait the full 72 hours before preceding or take it to your nearest Best Buy store and take it to their Samsung Support Center in the store and they can help you restore the phone.
    01-30-2018 11:47 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try doing another hardware key factory reset, and see if that prods the system to realize the 24 hours period is up: How to Hard Reset TracFone Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro S327VL
    02-01-2018 05:40 PM