Is Android such a simpleton that you can not disable or remove the guest account?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Have a Samsung Tab A and my kids have accounts with kid protection and time limits. Works great until they found out that the guest account is completely unprotected and they can access anything and all things anytime. After days of searching and trying everything except going down to one admin account (like that helps) I am not able to remove guest nor the ability to add users. Severely [impolite term deleted]. Time to look for a Windows tablet (don't care for IOS). My question is again is Android such a simpleton that there is no solution but to completely bar my kids from android tablets and the like. Please prove me wrong. I am off to tell as many people as I can especially concerned parents.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'm not sure if that's an Android issue per se -- it could be related to how Samsung sets up their devices.

I just got my 8 year old daughter a Lenovo Tab 4 8 and set her up with a Family Link Google account. That Google account is the primary one on the tablet, and Family Link lets me control what apps she can install and what she can watch on YouTube (in fact, it only allows YouTube Kids to be installed, not the full YouTube). When I swiped down the notification panel and tapped the Guest Account, it didn't let me switch accounts, saying it was disallowed by the Administrator. I'm not entirely sure if this is a Lenovo feature or a Google Family Link feature, but it's still worth considering Family Link in your situation. The device has to be Nougat or above, though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2