I'm trying to move a huge app to my sd card but it keeps failing to move every time I try. I'm able to move some apps to my sd card but not this certain one even some manager applications I use says its a movable app so why does it keep failing?
    02-01-2018 02:55 PM
    Which phone? Is it rooted or unrooted? Do you get an error message, or does it seem to think it moved the app? Remember that when apps are moved to SD, only a portion actually gets moved (and sometimes only a very small portion).
    02-01-2018 06:16 PM
    My phone is a kyocera hydro wave and it is unrooted. It shows that I'm allowed to move the app to my sd card but every time I try I get this message"couldn't move app" I have 15gb on my sd card so I dont understand why it wont work
    02-01-2018 09:57 PM
    It's generally not recommended to move apps to the SD card for a number of reasons, but you said this was a "huge" app. How big are we talking? The phone only has 1 GB of memory, and I'm wondering if maybe it's a limitation with that causing the error.

As this is a very low spec phone, I wouldn't expect this to be a long term solution even if you get it to move. Keep in mind that SD cards don't read and write as fast as internal storage, so expect some extra lag, especially when using this apparently large app.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-01-2018 10:11 PM
    The phone may show that the app can be moved, but it might be that it's not able to be moved anyway. That depends on how the app was written. (And with more and more apps being "produced" by app-making apps, fewer and fewer apps can be moved to the SD card. [If the app-making app can't be, no app it creates can be.])
    02-02-2018 04:57 PM