I have added an app in a policy. When there is an update for this app (in the Playstore) that app is not automatically updated. Nor is there a message that an update is available.
    Is there a setting that I have to think about?
    02-02-2018 05:41 AM
    Where is this policy being applied from? Is it an MDM solution such as AirWatch or MobileIron or is this a G-Suite account with a business with policies forced through there?

If one of the above, have you checked with the vendor for the product in which you have the policies set to see how it's handled?

I can say this - I have my phone registered on company email through MobileIron. The company has set policies for certain apps to be installed (including sandboxed versions of the Google apps for mail, calendar and contacts) and when there is an update for those apps it just installs as I never changed the setting for automatic app installation on the corporate-forced apps.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    02-02-2018 10:35 AM