Our company purchased smartphones for employees so that managers communicate with customers on corporate phones, rather than by personal ones. The question is: how to create a limited account for the manager so that he can not install and uninstall programs, and change the system settings? All he needs is a telephone connection, a Viber and corporate mail.
    Is there an elegant way to do this?
    Smatrphone model is Lenovo A Plus.
    02-02-2018 06:13 AM
    This would be a job for an MDM solution (mobile device management) such as Airwatch or MobileIron. To what extent they can manage app installs overall is another question and would be revealed during product research and purchase.

Yes, some models do allow for a secondary "account" to be created that will have restrictions on app installation and settings changes. I do not know off-hand if that device allows that as I have not used one. Depending on how many devices are involved here, that could become tedious work compared to sending the device to the manager along with an email on how to set it up.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    02-02-2018 10:27 AM
    Thank you for the answer!
    Unfortunately, Lenovo A Plus (like many other smartphones) does not have a built-in permission limitation function for the account. I thought that maybe there are ways to do this with root-access or using some custom firmware. Can you suggest something in this direction?
    02-02-2018 01:47 PM