Why am I getting AccuWeather updates from Huafeng AccuWeather

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have an unlocked Note 8 and within the past few weeks I have started getting weather updates from Huafeng AccuWeather. If i try to get to where I can delete it or change it, a notice comes up saying it isn't available. I know Huafeng is connected with AccuWeather but I don't know if any app I have downloaded that would have that enbeded. Any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What country do you live in? Are the updates for the correct location, or does it think you're in China (if you're actually in some other country)? It sounds like your phone might have a Chinese firmware installed.

A

Android Central Question

Why do I have a Huafeng accweather notification on my phone?

After running updates, I notice a weather notification from Huafeng accuweather. Gives me a weather report from somewhere - Sky Lake?? Searched my apps, this Huafeng accuweather does not show up. How can I get rid of this? Hold down the "data provided from huafeng accuweather and get a webpage that the site is down for maintenance.

ashune

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
Re: Why do I have a Huafeng accweather notification on my phone?

You can try to long-press the notification, as doing that should show which app has sent the notification.

dalek

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what app is causing the accuweather to show up in the notifications part of the screen. It shows up with the temperature in celsius and shows my correct location. It started showing up two or three weeks ago and I had never loaded an app from anywhere but from Play store. Also have never been on any questionable sites on the internet.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
I don't know what app is causing the accuweather to show up in the notifications part of the screen. It shows up with the temperature in celsius and shows my correct location. It started showing up two or three weeks ago and I had never loaded an app from anywhere but from Play store. Also have never been on any questionable sites on the internet.
Did you follow the steps in post #7 and have no differences than before?

dalek

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I cleared the cache, but there is no app to uninstall. The only place it shows up is in the notifications part. Not sure where to turn off sync. Also changed password on phone.

dalek

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Here is one screen shot
ad74172b8b2e3891524bcb1ebc3bf07b.jpg