This week my Samsung J5 phone stopped receiving emails in my phone's Email account.
    This Email account had been set up to receive emails from my Gmail account "username@gmail.com". I removed this email account & tried to re establish it, but each time after entering my above email address & password I got the message ""unable to connect to server to verify your account information. No response from server". Can you explain why this is happening now & provide a solution. (I should add that "username@gmail.com" is my only email address & I don't use an email client service, but simply access gmail directly & I do have GMail synced to my phone. In other words in the past I was able to access & send emails on my phone from both platforms i.e. the synced GMail direct account & the synced Email "username@gmail.com" account, but the latter suddenly stopped receiving emails yesterday & now can't be restablished due to the "unable to reconnect to server----" message referred to above.
    02-02-2018 05:33 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do you have 2-step authentication turned on? If so, either turn it off temporarily while adding your Gmail account back to the Email app, or see if you need to use an App Password: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en
    02-03-2018 12:23 AM