I created a group chat from my android phone but when messages are sent to friends who have iphones it does not display the contact names on their phones. Does iphone not support the group chat from android or do they need to do something to their phones? I have the Galaxy Note 8 with 7.1.1. and i set up the group chat that allows adding and deleting of users.
    02-04-2018 08:12 AM
    What app did you use? Typically (I've seen with both Whatsapp and Hangouts/texting), the displayed name is based on the contacts list of the recipients, those without contacts will see no names and only phone numbers.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    Tim1954 likes this.
    02-04-2018 09:48 AM
    I created a group chat from my android phone but when messages are sent to friends who have iphones it does not display the contact names on their phones. Does iphone not support the group chat from android or do they need to do something to their phones? I have the Galaxy Note 8 with 7.1.1. and i set up the group chat that allows adding and deleting of users.
    Do the iPhone folks all have those contacts saved in their accounts?
    02-04-2018 02:38 PM
    I just used the regular messaging app. It has a feature for creating group chats with admins
    02-04-2018 11:26 PM
    Yes they have the contacts saved in their phones.
    02-04-2018 11:27 PM
    "Regular messaging app" could mean any number of apps - different phones come with different messaging apps. What phone? What messaging app? For the people using different phones with different messaging apps, that "admins" deal may be causing problems.
    02-05-2018 04:28 AM