I filled an uhoh claim with my HTC one m9 about a year ago they sent a new one which wouldnt work with my carrier (the software apparently was the issue). I was then required to send the phone back to HTC who installed the compatible software / settings so it would work with my cellular company (cspire). The phone has been fine until about a week ago the phone started saying com.android.settings has stopped working and the settings app was completly gone. I could turn the phone on and off for a day or so and boom the settings app would reapear. Then it started saying com.android.phone has stopped working and i could no longer make calls or send messages. My simtool kit app also disappered. I couldnt access my settings at all so I tried to manual reset with the vol down/power button but the phone fails to go into recovery mode so I cant wipe it. Now the screen is solid black and just keeps popping up com.android.phone has quit working. The screen still is functional but is black. When I hold the power button my power off notification box still pops up however my home sceeen and everything else doesnt appear. Ive tried nearly everything plz tell me someone has some kind of advice.
    02-05-2018 12:34 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Just checking -- is this exactly how you were trying to get into Recovery? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-31522
    02-05-2018 01:20 PM