Popular apps won't download. "Not compatible with this version".

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a galaxy S7. I was looking to reinstall a gaming app I used to play when trying to do so I see a message on the Google play store under the app that says "your device isn't compatible with this version". I havnt changed anything with my phone. I live in the USA and that's the location in my Google play settings. Apps that won't download include: Kohls, Pinterest, Trails Frontier and probably more. These are well know apps and I can't figure out what's the problem. I've tried deleting Google play, cach as well. But no luck. Please help.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
How are you navigating to these apps? Generally when you search for something on Play, it'll only show results for apps that are compatible with your device. If not, then it's excluded from the results and you only notice it if you navigate to it via a direct link.

So I'm wondering if maybe you're going to a different version of those apps meant for different device types, like older/lower spec phones for example.

Dustin Greenway

Feb 6, 2018
Visit site
You're correct. When I try to search for the app on Google Play it won't show up. Therefore I have to go through the apps website find the link to Google Play and then click on it it. That's when I see the message. But these are popular apps. Apps mainly in America. But for some reason I can't download them.