He doesn't even have a moto mod... Is there a way to disable the sensor??
    02-06-2018 03:57 PM
    Which Moto Z phone does he have? Does he have a case that may have pins on it that could be causing the fault? Is his phone near a magnetic source?
    If there really is no mods attached to the back, then it's a faulty device and he'll have to contact his carrier or Motorola for a repair/replacement.
    02-12-2018 08:17 AM
    Been having the same problem for over a year. I don't own a motor mod. I have the Moto Z play. I cut out the entire back of the cover to totally expose the area where you attach a mod. I clean it with rubbing alcohol. I clean the interior of the case. Really clean it well. And the alert still comes back. I called Motorola tech support. They told me to clear the cache. Okay I did that. So now your phone cache looses all that and your starting over with storing important cache. What do you soon get ? The same notification. Moto mod that your trying to attach is not lined up correctly, blah, blah blah. And you don't even have one. Your phone can be sitting on a table, not even moving. Alert alert !!! Why not try to help us so much ? Most people know to clean the contacts. It's terribly annoying to own a phone that constantly alerts you to meaningless issues. And there isn't any patch to fix this. Motorola totally ignores the problem.
    07-03-2018 06:58 PM