Hi, Whilst round at a neighbors house one night my neighbor slipped a comment during a conversation that got me thinking they could only know that by seeing the contents of a video. This got me thinking.... Has my phone connected to their tv without me knowing? If it has connected by smart view or bluetooth shouldn't there be a passcode to complete the link? to confirm we are not on the same wifi router. I do have casting set up on my own tv so i can cast youtube video. just curious if this is possible please and concerned if this is true. thank you
    02-07-2018 04:12 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! How are you connecting to the TV? If you're using Chromecast, and if they can connect to your wi-fi network, then they might see a notification on their devices about what you're casting. You can turn that off by opening the Google Home app, tapping Menu>Settings for a Chromecast device, then turning off the "Let others control your casted media" switch. But what would be more important is how your neighbor is accessing your wi-fi (assuming you didn't willfully share the password with them) -- if your wi-fi network isn't password-protected, you should secure it now.
    02-07-2018 11:24 AM