HELP ME - Screen Going Crazy!

ex0LL

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
Hello, community.

I am really desperate to find a solution to this for my Samsung Galaxy note 5.
I have attached at the bottom of the thread a little video via link I recorded directly from my device (apologies for the lower/wrong resolution and size but it was the only one plausible for upload) which will show you that when I try to swipe the screen and my fingers reach for the very left side of the screen (no matter the height), that will be the result.

The touch screen malfunctions, it's buggy, it slippers. I am unable to even tap the letters on the keyboard located on that zone as if pressure was wrongly exercised on them causing them to exagerately spam the letters or being unable to properly lock capitalizing.

I never dropped my phone, I am very positive this is not an hardware related issue.
This all started after a couple of T-Mobile updates ago, which I think it's the culprit for my system going nuts somehow.

Here is a list of what I tried to do:
- Factory reset
- Run in Safe Mode
- Disable & uninstall Facebook Messenger app
- Disable Samsung Pay
- Wipe cache partition
- Clear cache & data of TouchWiz system applications
- Access the ' *#2663# ' keypad panel and update touch screen drivers (this seems to alleviate the problem, but it barely stabilize it for just a short period of time before it starts working awfully once more)
- Flash a brand new stock ROM firmware after factory reset via Odin3

Can I please have some help to solve this hell of a problem?

This is the link, notify me if you can't download/watch it correctly:
https://androidforums.com/attachments/20180127_020723_1250651905011-mp4.128140/

UPDATE:
For some days now, my screen has become worse and worse: it seems to receive touch input by itself and it literally goes frenzy by itself, randomly opening apps and doing stuff without me even looking at the screen, and it's sometimes even hard to click on restart/turn off icon after holding the power button. Sometimes it seems to get fixed by simply locking it pressing once the power button, some other times I have to really reset it somehow.

Please, help me!

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
It sounds like the problem is the Digitizer in the screen.

https://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-note-5-screen-replacement-661567/

I had a similar problem with an HTC Evo about 6 years ago. I was convinced that my phone had been Hacked, and was being remotely controlled since it was registereing phantom touches.

A helpful person on this site suggested that the problem was the Digitizer in the screen of my phone, and after doing some research I found that it was a common problem with the HTC Evo phones.