(...Don't we all want to be valid)ated??

My mom's Yahoo account somehow disappeared from her Samsung Galaxy tablet. When I tried to connect it again, it would not accept the account key I had sent to her phone. (I tried having it sent to her recovery account, but it didn't come.)

I tried a half-dozen times, but each time it said the code was invalid. That has never happened to me before. As an experiment, I tried to do the same thing on my own Samsung Galaxy phone. Bizarrely, it did the very same thing -- and mine is a Gmail account!

I had assumed the problem was with Yahoo, but I guess not. I've tried a number of times yesterday and today, and this is something I have done many times in the past without a problem.
    02-08-2018 02:45 PM
    Is there a "forgot my password" link? If there is, use that and just copy and paste the link, then change the password.
    02-08-2018 03:33 PM
    Thanks but no...an account key has nothing to do with a password. The password gets you into your account. What I am trying to do is add the account to the device -- and I hit the screen that says, "Do you have access to this phone?"

I selected "Yes, text me an account key." (For some odd reason, when I select the email option, it doesn't arrive.) I receive a 5-digit account key (from Yahoo); I type it in and it tells me it isn't valid.

All this is happening before I even get to the stage of needing the password. I have connected multiple accounts to multiple devices over the years, and I have never encountered anything like this.
    02-09-2018 06:09 PM